TRIPAWDS: Home to 13749 Members and 1216 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!

Mar 24 2010

An Introduction to “The Sissy Monster”

Published by under Uncategorized

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

Still a little drugged

Just getting home from my surgery

My Sissy girl is a two-year old Chihuahua-Rat Terrier mix.  She is 3.5 lbs of LOVE!!!  She had an unfortunate accident on December 18th 2009.  She fell off the bed and broke her arm.  Three months, 2 surgeries, and thousands of dollars later, they finally decided to amputate.  She had it done yesterday and it was one of the worst nights of my life.  First, I picked her up and there was no bandage.  Then, she just wouldn’t stop crying!!!  She finally went to sleep and woke up happy this morning, ready to eat treats.  It amazes me how resilient dogs are!   I’m excited to have found a site where others can relate to my situation.  I’m a big “Tripawd” fan!  More to come…

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

7 responses so far

7 Responses to “An Introduction to “The Sissy Monster””

1.   majorbubbatankon 24 Mar 2010 at 11:36 am

Welcome to the Tripawd Club, Sissy. I know it’s a little scary at first but soon you won’t even remember your “bad” leg since it won’t hurt anymore. Tell your pawrents that we’re all here for her (and you). Petite dogs seem to have an easier time on three legs than the big dogs and look at how well the big dogs get along! You’re in good company, Sissy!

Major

2.   adminon 24 Mar 2010 at 12:58 pm

Boy, from your blog avatar we can see why you call her the Sissy Monster! 😉

Welcome to Tripawds! We are hoppy you found us, and look forward to following Sissy’s three legged adventures. Jerry didn’t have a bandage either and the site was pretty gruesome at first. These pups are amazingly resilient indeed. Sissy will be surprising you in no time.

PS: Here’s instructions for adding Tripawds Friends to the widget you put in your sidebar.

3.   diesalon 25 Mar 2010 at 2:38 pm

Well done Sissy.
    Im glad she is feeling better.
    Its so hard to hear our little friends crying, and looking so sad, and yes,, its amazing to see how brave they are, and how quickly they ‘get on with things’!
    Im not sure id be so brave.

Good work Sissy

Karen and Diesal

4.   cometdogon 25 Mar 2010 at 10:52 pm

Hey Sissy!

For a tiny thing, you sure are brave! That’s a big, bad surgery!

I love to cry after surgeries because I get so much attention! Okay, it hurts a little, too. I try to stop when I think mommy is going to cry also. I hope your mommy didn’t cry.

Stay strong little one!

– Comet

5.   jerryon 26 Mar 2010 at 12:39 am

Ooooh Sissy Girl, you are so fragile and delicate! But I know you’re gonna make one pawesome Tripawd! How are you doing now? Hope you’re feeling great and ready to hop on with life!

6.   The Sissy Monsteron 26 Mar 2010 at 12:38 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! There are so many nice people here. I’m glad to have friends just like me 😀 I’m feeling much better. I hope you’re doing well!!!

7.   Pat (Ruthie's Mom)on 27 Mar 2010 at 4:54 pm

Hey Sissy! three legs ain’t so bad…I still try out my dance routine, I forget sometimes that I’m not at quick on my feet like I used to be. Glad you’re feeling better, It only gets better, and better, you’ll see. Ruthie girl

Trackback URI | Comments RSS